*Celebrities don’t normally embarrass themselves on purpose, but when it’s for a good cause, all defenses come down.
Media sources report that a growing group of famous people have taken part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge, an effort started last month by the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated towards raising money for Lou Gehrig’s disease research, patient services and awareness. The challenge works like this:
Those who are dared have two choices: Either get doused in ice water and nominate three other people to join the challenge or if the person isn’t ready to get wet, donate to the ALS charity of their choice.
Celebs who have been soaked for the cause include Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Boris Kodjoe, Justin Timberlake, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union and Tyler Perry. As it stands now, more than $10 million has been raised by the ALS Association since ice bucket challenge started.
To see footage of the stars getting wet for a worthy cause, check out the videos below:
For more on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, click on the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here