*Celebrities don’t normally embarrass themselves on purpose, but when it’s for a good cause, all defenses come down.
Media sources report that a growing group of famous people have taken part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge, an effort started last month by the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated towards raising money for Lou Gehrig’s disease research, patient services and awareness. The challenge works like this:
Those who are dared have two choices: Either get doused in ice water and nominate three other people to join the challenge or if the person isn’t ready to get wet, donate to the ALS charity of their choice.
Celebs who have been soaked for the cause include Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Boris Kodjoe, Justin Timberlake, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union and Tyler Perry. As it stands now, more than $10 million has been raised by the ALS Association since ice bucket challenge started.
To see footage of the stars getting wet for a worthy cause, check out the videos below:
For more on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, click on the video below:
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here