*Celebrities don’t normally embarrass themselves on purpose, but when it’s for a good cause, all defenses come down.
Media sources report that a growing group of famous people have taken part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge, an effort started last month by the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated towards raising money for Lou Gehrig’s disease research, patient services and awareness. The challenge works like this:
Those who are dared have two choices: Either get doused in ice water and nominate three other people to join the challenge or if the person isn’t ready to get wet, donate to the ALS charity of their choice.
Celebs who have been soaked for the cause include Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Boris Kodjoe, Justin Timberlake, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union and Tyler Perry. As it stands now, more than $10 million has been raised by the ALS Association since ice bucket challenge started.
To see footage of the stars getting wet for a worthy cause, check out the videos below:
For more on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, click on the video below:
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here