*Celebrities don’t normally embarrass themselves on purpose, but when it’s for a good cause, all defenses come down.
Media sources report that a growing group of famous people have taken part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge, an effort started last month by the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated towards raising money for Lou Gehrig’s disease research, patient services and awareness. The challenge works like this:
Those who are dared have two choices: Either get doused in ice water and nominate three other people to join the challenge or if the person isn’t ready to get wet, donate to the ALS charity of their choice.
Celebs who have been soaked for the cause include Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Boris Kodjoe, Justin Timberlake, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union and Tyler Perry. As it stands now, more than $10 million has been raised by the ALS Association since ice bucket challenge started.
To see footage of the stars getting wet for a worthy cause, check out the videos below:
For more on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, click on the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here