*Celebrities don’t normally embarrass themselves on purpose, but when it’s for a good cause, all defenses come down.
Media sources report that a growing group of famous people have taken part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge, an effort started last month by the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated towards raising money for Lou Gehrig’s disease research, patient services and awareness. The challenge works like this:
Those who are dared have two choices: Either get doused in ice water and nominate three other people to join the challenge or if the person isn’t ready to get wet, donate to the ALS charity of their choice.
Celebs who have been soaked for the cause include Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Boris Kodjoe, Justin Timberlake, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union and Tyler Perry. As it stands now, more than $10 million has been raised by the ALS Association since ice bucket challenge started.
To see footage of the stars getting wet for a worthy cause, check out the videos below:
For more on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, click on the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here