*The Associated Press is reporting that the BET producer behind the Blue Ivy joke read on air Monday by Karrueche Tran has been suspended.
A source at BET, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to discuss the matter publicly, said the producer was suspended for giving a pass to the joke about Beyonce and Jay Z’s 2-year-old daughter.
As previously reported, Tran was a guest host on “106 & Park” when she was asked to read from a script of jokes speculating what Blue Ivy was thinking while watching her mother perform at the VMAs. One of the jokes was: “‘I really did wake up like this because my parents never combed my hair.”
Stephen Hill, BET’s president of music programming and specials, publicly apologized on Twitter.
“Last night on 106 & Park there was a stupid, unthoughtful joke made about a young child,” Hill tweeted.
Hill also said the network privately apologized to Beyonce and Jay Z.
Tran, who has dated singer Chris Brown on and off, tweeted Tuesday that she did not write the joke. She wrote: “Now y’all know I LOVE me some Beyonce and Blue Ivy!”
Hill also tweeted that it was not Tran’s fault.
“We also apologize to her for putting her in that position,” he wrote.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here