*The Associated Press is reporting that the BET producer behind the Blue Ivy joke read on air Monday by Karrueche Tran has been suspended.
A source at BET, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to discuss the matter publicly, said the producer was suspended for giving a pass to the joke about Beyonce and Jay Z’s 2-year-old daughter.
As previously reported, Tran was a guest host on “106 & Park” when she was asked to read from a script of jokes speculating what Blue Ivy was thinking while watching her mother perform at the VMAs. One of the jokes was: “‘I really did wake up like this because my parents never combed my hair.”
Stephen Hill, BET’s president of music programming and specials, publicly apologized on Twitter.
“Last night on 106 & Park there was a stupid, unthoughtful joke made about a young child,” Hill tweeted.
Hill also said the network privately apologized to Beyonce and Jay Z.
Tran, who has dated singer Chris Brown on and off, tweeted Tuesday that she did not write the joke. She wrote: “Now y’all know I LOVE me some Beyonce and Blue Ivy!”
Hill also tweeted that it was not Tran’s fault.
“We also apologize to her for putting her in that position,” he wrote.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here