*Beyonce is providing 2,000 students in the U.S. with brand new schools supplies through her charitable campaign BeyGood.
The singer has selected underfunded schools in a number of cities on the East Coast, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks, folders and more back-to-school items will be handed out during “pep rallies for good” at the chosen schools.
Fans can also purchase the special edition backpacks online and all proceeds will benefit the 2014 Back to School Program, which helps at-risk children.
Beyonce and her husband Jay Z have spent the summer supporting BeyGood and his Shawn Carter Foundation by donating $1 from every ticket purchased from their On the Run tour towards the charities.
The couple’s tour has grossed more than $100 million, according to concert promoter Live Nation.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here