*Beyonce is providing 2,000 students in the U.S. with brand new schools supplies through her charitable campaign BeyGood.
The singer has selected underfunded schools in a number of cities on the East Coast, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks, folders and more back-to-school items will be handed out during “pep rallies for good” at the chosen schools.
Fans can also purchase the special edition backpacks online and all proceeds will benefit the 2014 Back to School Program, which helps at-risk children.
Beyonce and her husband Jay Z have spent the summer supporting BeyGood and his Shawn Carter Foundation by donating $1 from every ticket purchased from their On the Run tour towards the charities.
The couple’s tour has grossed more than $100 million, according to concert promoter Live Nation.
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here