*Beyonce is providing 2,000 students in the U.S. with brand new schools supplies through her charitable campaign BeyGood.
The singer has selected underfunded schools in a number of cities on the East Coast, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks, folders and more back-to-school items will be handed out during “pep rallies for good” at the chosen schools.
Fans can also purchase the special edition backpacks online and all proceeds will benefit the 2014 Back to School Program, which helps at-risk children.
Beyonce and her husband Jay Z have spent the summer supporting BeyGood and his Shawn Carter Foundation by donating $1 from every ticket purchased from their On the Run tour towards the charities.
The couple’s tour has grossed more than $100 million, according to concert promoter Live Nation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here