*Beyonce is providing 2,000 students in the U.S. with brand new schools supplies through her charitable campaign BeyGood.
The singer has selected underfunded schools in a number of cities on the East Coast, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks, folders and more back-to-school items will be handed out during “pep rallies for good” at the chosen schools.
Fans can also purchase the special edition backpacks online and all proceeds will benefit the 2014 Back to School Program, which helps at-risk children.
Beyonce and her husband Jay Z have spent the summer supporting BeyGood and his Shawn Carter Foundation by donating $1 from every ticket purchased from their On the Run tour towards the charities.
The couple’s tour has grossed more than $100 million, according to concert promoter Live Nation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here