*Beyonce is providing 2,000 students in the U.S. with brand new schools supplies through her charitable campaign BeyGood.
The singer has selected underfunded schools in a number of cities on the East Coast, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks, folders and more back-to-school items will be handed out during “pep rallies for good” at the chosen schools.
Fans can also purchase the special edition backpacks online and all proceeds will benefit the 2014 Back to School Program, which helps at-risk children.
Beyonce and her husband Jay Z have spent the summer supporting BeyGood and his Shawn Carter Foundation by donating $1 from every ticket purchased from their On the Run tour towards the charities.
The couple’s tour has grossed more than $100 million, according to concert promoter Live Nation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here