*Cornel West has again come after President Obama in a new tirade against the man he once supported.
“He posed as if he was a kind of Lincoln,” said the Princeton professor. “And we ended up with a brown-faced Clinton.”
According to the New York Daily News, West expressed disillusionment with the first black president during an interview with Salon, where he attacked policies involving Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson.
“He posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit,” West said of President Obama. “It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.”
West also unleashed against the Rev. Al Sharpton, criticizing the civil rights leader and TV host as “low-quality black leadership” and an Obama lackey.
“He poses, he postures like he’s so radical,” West said, referring to Sharpton’s public appearances after the killings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. “But he is a cheerleader for the Obama administration.”
West concluded that “post-Obama America is an America in post-traumatic depression” and predicted an even gloomier future if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.
“She’d be more hawkish than he is, and yet she’s got that strange smile that somehow titillates liberals and neo-liberals and scares Republicans,” he said. “It’s much worse.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here