*Cornel West has again come after President Obama in a new tirade against the man he once supported.
“He posed as if he was a kind of Lincoln,” said the Princeton professor. “And we ended up with a brown-faced Clinton.”
According to the New York Daily News, West expressed disillusionment with the first black president during an interview with Salon, where he attacked policies involving Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson.
“He posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit,” West said of President Obama. “It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.”
West also unleashed against the Rev. Al Sharpton, criticizing the civil rights leader and TV host as “low-quality black leadership” and an Obama lackey.
“He poses, he postures like he’s so radical,” West said, referring to Sharpton’s public appearances after the killings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. “But he is a cheerleader for the Obama administration.”
West concluded that “post-Obama America is an America in post-traumatic depression” and predicted an even gloomier future if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.
“She’d be more hawkish than he is, and yet she’s got that strange smile that somehow titillates liberals and neo-liberals and scares Republicans,” he said. “It’s much worse.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here