*Cornel West has again come after President Obama in a new tirade against the man he once supported.
“He posed as if he was a kind of Lincoln,” said the Princeton professor. “And we ended up with a brown-faced Clinton.”
According to the New York Daily News, West expressed disillusionment with the first black president during an interview with Salon, where he attacked policies involving Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson.
“He posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit,” West said of President Obama. “It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.”
West also unleashed against the Rev. Al Sharpton, criticizing the civil rights leader and TV host as “low-quality black leadership” and an Obama lackey.
“He poses, he postures like he’s so radical,” West said, referring to Sharpton’s public appearances after the killings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. “But he is a cheerleader for the Obama administration.”
West concluded that “post-Obama America is an America in post-traumatic depression” and predicted an even gloomier future if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.
“She’d be more hawkish than he is, and yet she’s got that strange smile that somehow titillates liberals and neo-liberals and scares Republicans,” he said. “It’s much worse.”
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here