*Cornel West has again come after President Obama in a new tirade against the man he once supported.
“He posed as if he was a kind of Lincoln,” said the Princeton professor. “And we ended up with a brown-faced Clinton.”
According to the New York Daily News, West expressed disillusionment with the first black president during an interview with Salon, where he attacked policies involving Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson.
“He posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit,” West said of President Obama. “It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.”
West also unleashed against the Rev. Al Sharpton, criticizing the civil rights leader and TV host as “low-quality black leadership” and an Obama lackey.
“He poses, he postures like he’s so radical,” West said, referring to Sharpton’s public appearances after the killings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. “But he is a cheerleader for the Obama administration.”
West concluded that “post-Obama America is an America in post-traumatic depression” and predicted an even gloomier future if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.
“She’d be more hawkish than he is, and yet she’s got that strange smile that somehow titillates liberals and neo-liberals and scares Republicans,” he said. “It’s much worse.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here