*Cornel West has again come after President Obama in a new tirade against the man he once supported.
“He posed as if he was a kind of Lincoln,” said the Princeton professor. “And we ended up with a brown-faced Clinton.”
According to the New York Daily News, West expressed disillusionment with the first black president during an interview with Salon, where he attacked policies involving Wall Street, national security and the response to protests in Ferguson.
“He posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit,” West said of President Obama. “It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.”
West also unleashed against the Rev. Al Sharpton, criticizing the civil rights leader and TV host as “low-quality black leadership” and an Obama lackey.
“He poses, he postures like he’s so radical,” West said, referring to Sharpton’s public appearances after the killings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. “But he is a cheerleader for the Obama administration.”
West concluded that “post-Obama America is an America in post-traumatic depression” and predicted an even gloomier future if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.
“She’d be more hawkish than he is, and yet she’s got that strange smile that somehow titillates liberals and neo-liberals and scares Republicans,” he said. “It’s much worse.”
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here