*With “Preachers of L.A.” a ratings hit for Oxygen, the network borrows show standout Deitrick Haddon to double down on its black church programming with yet another religious-themed reality series – this one involving dysfunctional gospel choirs.
Debuting this fall, “Fix My Choir” has Hatton and former Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams mentoring struggling choirs at a different community, school or church each week. As Oxygen puts it, the duo will help the singers “find perfect harmony both within their music – and their members.”
“I remember when I signed up for the show, I thought it was just going to be me giving performance tips, how to wear your hair and makeup and what outfit to wear depending on what song you’re singing. But we actually began to be life coaches,” Williams told EURweb.
Added Haddon: “It went way beyond the music.”
Below, Haddon explains just how far beyond the music “Fix My Choir” goes.
The LA Inner City Mass Choir is among the groups set to be addressed in “Fix My Choir,” debuting this fall. Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here