*With “Preachers of L.A.” a ratings hit for Oxygen, the network borrows show standout Deitrick Haddon to double down on its black church programming with yet another religious-themed reality series – this one involving dysfunctional gospel choirs.
Debuting this fall, “Fix My Choir” has Hatton and former Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams mentoring struggling choirs at a different community, school or church each week. As Oxygen puts it, the duo will help the singers “find perfect harmony both within their music – and their members.”
“I remember when I signed up for the show, I thought it was just going to be me giving performance tips, how to wear your hair and makeup and what outfit to wear depending on what song you’re singing. But we actually began to be life coaches,” Williams told EURweb.
Added Haddon: “It went way beyond the music.”
Below, Haddon explains just how far beyond the music “Fix My Choir” goes.
The LA Inner City Mass Choir is among the groups set to be addressed in “Fix My Choir,” debuting this fall. Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here