*With “Preachers of L.A.” a ratings hit for Oxygen, the network borrows show standout Deitrick Haddon to double down on its black church programming with yet another religious-themed reality series – this one involving dysfunctional gospel choirs.
Debuting this fall, “Fix My Choir” has Hatton and former Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams mentoring struggling choirs at a different community, school or church each week. As Oxygen puts it, the duo will help the singers “find perfect harmony both within their music – and their members.”
“I remember when I signed up for the show, I thought it was just going to be me giving performance tips, how to wear your hair and makeup and what outfit to wear depending on what song you’re singing. But we actually began to be life coaches,” Williams told EURweb.
Added Haddon: “It went way beyond the music.”
Below, Haddon explains just how far beyond the music “Fix My Choir” goes.
The LA Inner City Mass Choir is among the groups set to be addressed in “Fix My Choir,” debuting this fall. Watch a sneak peek below:
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here