*With “Preachers of L.A.” a ratings hit for Oxygen, the network borrows show standout Deitrick Haddon to double down on its black church programming with yet another religious-themed reality series – this one involving dysfunctional gospel choirs.
Debuting this fall, “Fix My Choir” has Hatton and former Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams mentoring struggling choirs at a different community, school or church each week. As Oxygen puts it, the duo will help the singers “find perfect harmony both within their music – and their members.”
“I remember when I signed up for the show, I thought it was just going to be me giving performance tips, how to wear your hair and makeup and what outfit to wear depending on what song you’re singing. But we actually began to be life coaches,” Williams told EURweb.
Added Haddon: “It went way beyond the music.”
Below, Haddon explains just how far beyond the music “Fix My Choir” goes.
The LA Inner City Mass Choir is among the groups set to be addressed in “Fix My Choir,” debuting this fall. Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here