RadarOnline.com reports that Pilar’s attorney, Larry Friedman, has filed legal papers against the former NFL great, in light of claims that Sanders hasn’t made any payments on the $275,000 he owes for Pilar’s legal fees. As a result, Friedman is putting the hammer down with a lien on Sanders’ Proper, Texas mansion.
If the 46-year-old former NFL/Dallas Cowboys star player keeps on with not paying the legal fees, the lavish home could be sold by officials to settle the debt.
The lien on Sander’s mansion is the latest development in a nasty legal battle between Sanders and Pilar, who were married for 14 years before the union dissolved. Chatting with “Good Morning America,” Deion noted how the divorce drama is staining his image as an active member of the community who gives back.
“When you have an allegation that I’ve hit you, that I’ve touched you, that I’ve assaulted you? That’s straight-up ignorant . . .” the now NFL Network analyst said. “I can’t be alleged the guy that’s lost his mind. That’s not who I am or what I am. I’m opening up schools. I’m doing many things for the community. I have endorsements.”
Although he labeled the drama with his home “a very volatile situation,” Sanders remains defiant with his refusal to leave.
“The home is in my name and my name only,” he said. “It’s a wonderful haven for the kids. They’ve been raised here. That’s why I choose to stay in the home.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Kardashian Friend Malika Haqq Apologizes for DUI Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here