RadarOnline.com reports that Pilar’s attorney, Larry Friedman, has filed legal papers against the former NFL great, in light of claims that Sanders hasn’t made any payments on the $275,000 he owes for Pilar’s legal fees. As a result, Friedman is putting the hammer down with a lien on Sanders’ Proper, Texas mansion.
If the 46-year-old former NFL/Dallas Cowboys star player keeps on with not paying the legal fees, the lavish home could be sold by officials to settle the debt.
The lien on Sander’s mansion is the latest development in a nasty legal battle between Sanders and Pilar, who were married for 14 years before the union dissolved. Chatting with “Good Morning America,” Deion noted how the divorce drama is staining his image as an active member of the community who gives back.
“When you have an allegation that I’ve hit you, that I’ve touched you, that I’ve assaulted you? That’s straight-up ignorant . . .” the now NFL Network analyst said. “I can’t be alleged the guy that’s lost his mind. That’s not who I am or what I am. I’m opening up schools. I’m doing many things for the community. I have endorsements.”
Although he labeled the drama with his home “a very volatile situation,” Sanders remains defiant with his refusal to leave.
“The home is in my name and my name only,” he said. “It’s a wonderful haven for the kids. They’ve been raised here. That’s why I choose to stay in the home.”
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here