RadarOnline.com reports that Pilar’s attorney, Larry Friedman, has filed legal papers against the former NFL great, in light of claims that Sanders hasn’t made any payments on the $275,000 he owes for Pilar’s legal fees. As a result, Friedman is putting the hammer down with a lien on Sanders’ Proper, Texas mansion.
If the 46-year-old former NFL/Dallas Cowboys star player keeps on with not paying the legal fees, the lavish home could be sold by officials to settle the debt.
The lien on Sander’s mansion is the latest development in a nasty legal battle between Sanders and Pilar, who were married for 14 years before the union dissolved. Chatting with “Good Morning America,” Deion noted how the divorce drama is staining his image as an active member of the community who gives back.
“When you have an allegation that I’ve hit you, that I’ve touched you, that I’ve assaulted you? That’s straight-up ignorant . . .” the now NFL Network analyst said. “I can’t be alleged the guy that’s lost his mind. That’s not who I am or what I am. I’m opening up schools. I’m doing many things for the community. I have endorsements.”
Although he labeled the drama with his home “a very volatile situation,” Sanders remains defiant with his refusal to leave.
“The home is in my name and my name only,” he said. “It’s a wonderful haven for the kids. They’ve been raised here. That’s why I choose to stay in the home.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here