RadarOnline.com reports that Pilar’s attorney, Larry Friedman, has filed legal papers against the former NFL great, in light of claims that Sanders hasn’t made any payments on the $275,000 he owes for Pilar’s legal fees. As a result, Friedman is putting the hammer down with a lien on Sanders’ Proper, Texas mansion.
If the 46-year-old former NFL/Dallas Cowboys star player keeps on with not paying the legal fees, the lavish home could be sold by officials to settle the debt.
The lien on Sander’s mansion is the latest development in a nasty legal battle between Sanders and Pilar, who were married for 14 years before the union dissolved. Chatting with “Good Morning America,” Deion noted how the divorce drama is staining his image as an active member of the community who gives back.
“When you have an allegation that I’ve hit you, that I’ve touched you, that I’ve assaulted you? That’s straight-up ignorant . . .” the now NFL Network analyst said. “I can’t be alleged the guy that’s lost his mind. That’s not who I am or what I am. I’m opening up schools. I’m doing many things for the community. I have endorsements.”
Although he labeled the drama with his home “a very volatile situation,” Sanders remains defiant with his refusal to leave.
“The home is in my name and my name only,” he said. “It’s a wonderful haven for the kids. They’ve been raised here. That’s why I choose to stay in the home.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here