This time it’s “BAPS.” Media sources report the St. Louis-based Lifetime show was pulled Tuesday after airing four episodes.
Ratings for the show failed to make an impact with it ranging from 500,000-600,000 viewers. This, coupled with of negative backlash received on social media, resulted in a decision from Lifetime execs to pull the plug early on the show, which was schedule to run for six episodes.
“BAPS,” which premiered this past July, centered around an exclusive, privileged and affluent group of African-American friends from St. Louis who proclaimed themselves Black American Princesses and Princes.
News of the show’s cancellation was sent to each cast member via e-mail from Asylum Entertainment.
“I wanted to let you know that Lifetime informed us that they will not be airing the last 2 episodes of ‘BAPS,” the e-mail read. “We’re very sorry it panned out this way. It’s very difficult to build an audience for an ensemble show like this one, but we’re very proud of the show and happy to have had the experience working with you.”
Win tickets to see Keyshia Cole at LA’s Wiltern Theater this Friday, Aug. 22. To win, send your name, age, mobile number and email address to [email protected]. Be sure to put “Keyshia Cole at Wiltern Theater” in the subject line. But you gotta hurry ’cause the contest ends this Thursday, Aug. 21 at 12 Noon Pacific. Winners will be contacted via email.
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here