This time it’s “BAPS.” Media sources report the St. Louis-based Lifetime show was pulled Tuesday after airing four episodes.
Ratings for the show failed to make an impact with it ranging from 500,000-600,000 viewers. This, coupled with of negative backlash received on social media, resulted in a decision from Lifetime execs to pull the plug early on the show, which was schedule to run for six episodes.
“BAPS,” which premiered this past July, centered around an exclusive, privileged and affluent group of African-American friends from St. Louis who proclaimed themselves Black American Princesses and Princes.
News of the show’s cancellation was sent to each cast member via e-mail from Asylum Entertainment.
“I wanted to let you know that Lifetime informed us that they will not be airing the last 2 episodes of ‘BAPS,” the e-mail read. “We’re very sorry it panned out this way. It’s very difficult to build an audience for an ensemble show like this one, but we’re very proud of the show and happy to have had the experience working with you.”
Win tickets to see Keyshia Cole at LA’s Wiltern Theater this Friday, Aug. 22. To win, send your name, age, mobile number and email address to [email protected]. Be sure to put “Keyshia Cole at Wiltern Theater” in the subject line. But you gotta hurry ’cause the contest ends this Thursday, Aug. 21 at 12 Noon Pacific. Winners will be contacted via email.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here