*Lifetime’s on-again Aaliyah biopic with Alexandra Shipp in the title role has found actors to play producers Missy Elliott and Timbaland – the pair instrumental in Aaliyah’s early chart success.
And Black Twitter is already voicing disapproval of the casting choices.
Newcomers Chattrisse Dolabaille and Izaak Smith will play the former producing partners, but some are complaining that Dolabaille isn’t a good physical match for Missy due to the actress’s smaller frame and lighter skin, while Izaak Smith has also been criticized for not looking enough like the super producer.
As for their acting credentials, the Lifetime biopic is the first big role for both Dolabaille and Smith.
Born in Canada, Dolabaille lists herself as a singer, dancer and actress, with plenty of experience in all three fields. Prior to her casting, Chattrisse has mostly worked on stage in small Canadian productions, including a Toronto staging of “High School Musical 2.” She also worked on a dance show called “Identity” and acted alongside puppets in a play which toured elementary schools.
As for her musical background Chattrisse started early, taking singing lessons aged at six before releasing her first single “Take a Deep Breath” in 2009.
Also hailing from Canada, 25-year-old Izaak Smith has had small roles in movies and TV shows, including “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Marmaduke.”
Also a dancer, in 2008 he competed on the first series of the Canadian version of “So You Think You Can Dance,” placing in the Top 6. Watch below.
This will be the very talented Chattrisse Dolabaille’s feature debut and the actress/singer put together a digital dossier (below) for folks to know more about her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here