*Monica has called for an end to “senseless acts of violence” after a close family friend was fatally shot over the weekend.
The singer took to her Instagram Saturday to share her heartbreak after a friend identified only as Chris, who was friends with her brother-in-law David Brown, was killed.
Monica, who is married to basketball player Shannon Brown, stopped short of revealing specific details about his death, but used the opportunity to urge lawmakers to do more to curb the increasing numbers of gun-related murders across the country.
She posted the above pic of Chris with his child and in the accompanying caption, she wrote, “With a heavy heart & tear filled eyes I send all my love and condolences to my brother @dcaffe & his family. RIP Chris your friendship & loyalty to my brother made you My Family…
“I’ve stopped asking why to ask When.. When will these senseless acts of violence stop.. You were gunned down, taken from your children & in this cold cruel world that cares more now about reporting fashion & who’s dating who there was barely a mention on the news.. #WakeUpWorld the old burying the young is Not the way it’s supposed to be. People only care for us as much as we care for ourselves… Change has Got to come!!! #GoneToSoon.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here