*Monica has called for an end to “senseless acts of violence” after a close family friend was fatally shot over the weekend.
The singer took to her Instagram Saturday to share her heartbreak after a friend identified only as Chris, who was friends with her brother-in-law David Brown, was killed.
Monica, who is married to basketball player Shannon Brown, stopped short of revealing specific details about his death, but used the opportunity to urge lawmakers to do more to curb the increasing numbers of gun-related murders across the country.
She posted the above pic of Chris with his child and in the accompanying caption, she wrote, “With a heavy heart & tear filled eyes I send all my love and condolences to my brother @dcaffe & his family. RIP Chris your friendship & loyalty to my brother made you My Family…
“I’ve stopped asking why to ask When.. When will these senseless acts of violence stop.. You were gunned down, taken from your children & in this cold cruel world that cares more now about reporting fashion & who’s dating who there was barely a mention on the news.. #WakeUpWorld the old burying the young is Not the way it’s supposed to be. People only care for us as much as we care for ourselves… Change has Got to come!!! #GoneToSoon.”
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here