*Monica has called for an end to “senseless acts of violence” after a close family friend was fatally shot over the weekend.
The singer took to her Instagram Saturday to share her heartbreak after a friend identified only as Chris, who was friends with her brother-in-law David Brown, was killed.
Monica, who is married to basketball player Shannon Brown, stopped short of revealing specific details about his death, but used the opportunity to urge lawmakers to do more to curb the increasing numbers of gun-related murders across the country.
She posted the above pic of Chris with his child and in the accompanying caption, she wrote, “With a heavy heart & tear filled eyes I send all my love and condolences to my brother @dcaffe & his family. RIP Chris your friendship & loyalty to my brother made you My Family…
“I’ve stopped asking why to ask When.. When will these senseless acts of violence stop.. You were gunned down, taken from your children & in this cold cruel world that cares more now about reporting fashion & who’s dating who there was barely a mention on the news.. #WakeUpWorld the old burying the young is Not the way it’s supposed to be. People only care for us as much as we care for ourselves… Change has Got to come!!! #GoneToSoon.”
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here