*Monica has called for an end to “senseless acts of violence” after a close family friend was fatally shot over the weekend.
The singer took to her Instagram Saturday to share her heartbreak after a friend identified only as Chris, who was friends with her brother-in-law David Brown, was killed.
Monica, who is married to basketball player Shannon Brown, stopped short of revealing specific details about his death, but used the opportunity to urge lawmakers to do more to curb the increasing numbers of gun-related murders across the country.
She posted the above pic of Chris with his child and in the accompanying caption, she wrote, “With a heavy heart & tear filled eyes I send all my love and condolences to my brother @dcaffe & his family. RIP Chris your friendship & loyalty to my brother made you My Family…
“I’ve stopped asking why to ask When.. When will these senseless acts of violence stop.. You were gunned down, taken from your children & in this cold cruel world that cares more now about reporting fashion & who’s dating who there was barely a mention on the news.. #WakeUpWorld the old burying the young is Not the way it’s supposed to be. People only care for us as much as we care for ourselves… Change has Got to come!!! #GoneToSoon.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here