*The Toronto Raptors may be able to save themselves $25,000 after all…if they get rid of Drake as their global brand ambassador.
However, according to the Toronto Globe and Mail, that’s not going to fly with the team as it refused to give in to the NBA’s demands. The Raptors’ refusal comes days after the team was fined $25,000 after Drake violated the NBA’s anti-tampering rules when he brought Kevin Durant onstage at a recent concert in and got the crowd to react to the what if scenario of the Oklahoma City Thunder star playing for the Raptors.
“Before we leave, I just want to show one of my brothers something,” Drake told the crowd. “You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us.”
“I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto,” the rapper added. “Let him know what would happen.”
Drake’s comments, NBA sources stated, amounted to a public recruiting pitch that is punishable by fine. The Raptors’ refusal to drop Drake is an obvious sign of the team’s support of the rapper, who was obviously brought on to recruit more players, as noted by NBC Sports, which added that “nobody takes the Drake fine seriously.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here