*The Toronto Raptors may be able to save themselves $25,000 after all…if they get rid of Drake as their global brand ambassador.
However, according to the Toronto Globe and Mail, that’s not going to fly with the team as it refused to give in to the NBA’s demands. The Raptors’ refusal comes days after the team was fined $25,000 after Drake violated the NBA’s anti-tampering rules when he brought Kevin Durant onstage at a recent concert in and got the crowd to react to the what if scenario of the Oklahoma City Thunder star playing for the Raptors.
“Before we leave, I just want to show one of my brothers something,” Drake told the crowd. “You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us.”
“I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto,” the rapper added. “Let him know what would happen.”
Drake’s comments, NBA sources stated, amounted to a public recruiting pitch that is punishable by fine. The Raptors’ refusal to drop Drake is an obvious sign of the team’s support of the rapper, who was obviously brought on to recruit more players, as noted by NBC Sports, which added that “nobody takes the Drake fine seriously.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here