*Bill Cosby’s multi-generational family comedy at NBC is finally a go.
According to Deadline.com, the project will be scripted by actor/writer Mike O’Malley and produced by Sony Pictures TV following lengthy negotiations.
Cosby and “The Cosby Show” executive producer Tom Werner inked a deal with NBC in January for a new multi-camera family comedy vehicle for Cosby. The concept was TBD, and after meeting with potential writers, Cosby and Wener settled on a concept by O’Malley.
The project, eyed for summer or fall 2015, stars Cosby as Jonathan Franklin, a patriarch of a multi-generational family who shares his many years of wit, wisdom and experience to help his daughters, sons-in-law and grandchildren navigate their complicated modern lives. O’Malley would play one of the sons-in-low, subject to availability.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here