*Bill Cosby’s multi-generational family comedy at NBC is finally a go.
According to Deadline.com, the project will be scripted by actor/writer Mike O’Malley and produced by Sony Pictures TV following lengthy negotiations.
Cosby and “The Cosby Show” executive producer Tom Werner inked a deal with NBC in January for a new multi-camera family comedy vehicle for Cosby. The concept was TBD, and after meeting with potential writers, Cosby and Wener settled on a concept by O’Malley.
The project, eyed for summer or fall 2015, stars Cosby as Jonathan Franklin, a patriarch of a multi-generational family who shares his many years of wit, wisdom and experience to help his daughters, sons-in-law and grandchildren navigate their complicated modern lives. O’Malley would play one of the sons-in-low, subject to availability.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here