The series focuses on women who are the exes of huge celebrities and how these women are patching up their wounds and trying to bounce back after very public breakups.
Shaw’s wounds might still be fresh. She broke up with the R&B crooner just last year. Plus, having two children together — Madilyn Grace Smith, 4, and Mason Evan Smith, 3 — and still living with Ne-Yo doesn’t help her move forward without him.
Also, the show stars Tameka Raymond (Usher’s ex wife), Christina Johnson (Cee-Lo’s ex), Sheree Buchanan (ex-wife of Ray Buchanan) and Torrei Hart (ex-wife of Kevin Hart).
“All of the ladies are amazingly strong women, and being that my situation is more recent, it’s very refreshing to have that bond with them,” she adds. “It’s very refreshing to have those women that’ve been in the same situation as me.”
Nevertheless, the ladies aren’t the only friendly forces in her life. She is working on her relationship with Ne-Yo. The two are cordial for the kids. Her main concern is co-parenting.
But Shaw said her living with Ne-Yo is a temporary thing while they try to figure things out. “That’s a temporary situation, so you have to watch the show. It was just what worked for us at the time.”
The show premiered on Monday, Aug. 18 at 9 p.m. ET. The show returns Monday, Aug. 25 at a new time of 9:30 p.m. ET.
Watch the interview with Shaw below:
Win tickets to see Keyshia Cole at LA’s Wiltern Theater this Friday, Aug. 22. To win, send your name, age, mobile number and email address to [email protected]. Be sure to put “Keyshia Cole at Wiltern Theater” in the subject line. But you gotta hurry ’cause the contest ends this Thursday, Aug. 21 at 12 Noon Pacific. Winners will be contacted via email.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here