The series focuses on women who are the exes of huge celebrities and how these women are patching up their wounds and trying to bounce back after very public breakups.
Shaw’s wounds might still be fresh. She broke up with the R&B crooner just last year. Plus, having two children together — Madilyn Grace Smith, 4, and Mason Evan Smith, 3 — and still living with Ne-Yo doesn’t help her move forward without him.
Also, the show stars Tameka Raymond (Usher’s ex wife), Christina Johnson (Cee-Lo’s ex), Sheree Buchanan (ex-wife of Ray Buchanan) and Torrei Hart (ex-wife of Kevin Hart).
“All of the ladies are amazingly strong women, and being that my situation is more recent, it’s very refreshing to have that bond with them,” she adds. “It’s very refreshing to have those women that’ve been in the same situation as me.”
Nevertheless, the ladies aren’t the only friendly forces in her life. She is working on her relationship with Ne-Yo. The two are cordial for the kids. Her main concern is co-parenting.
But Shaw said her living with Ne-Yo is a temporary thing while they try to figure things out. “That’s a temporary situation, so you have to watch the show. It was just what worked for us at the time.”
The show premiered on Monday, Aug. 18 at 9 p.m. ET. The show returns Monday, Aug. 25 at a new time of 9:30 p.m. ET.
Watch the interview with Shaw below:
Win tickets to see Keyshia Cole at LA’s Wiltern Theater this Friday, Aug. 22. To win, send your name, age, mobile number and email address to [email protected]. Be sure to put “Keyshia Cole at Wiltern Theater” in the subject line. But you gotta hurry ’cause the contest ends this Thursday, Aug. 21 at 12 Noon Pacific. Winners will be contacted via email.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here