*Bishop Noel Jones and his fellow men of the cloth on Oxygen’s “Preachers of L.A.” have been accused of using the show to flaunt their riches.
Not very Christ-like, according to the show’s critics.
Jones, senior pastor of The City of Refuge Church in Gardena, Calif., has income pouring in from multiple sources, including his 17,000-member church, his Noel Jones Ministries, DVD and CD sales, book sales, speaking engagements around the world…and now, the reality series, returning Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 10 p.m.
Jones concedes the success of churches these days are driven by the personality of their preachers. But critics of his wealth should judge him on how his money is handled, not how much comes in.
“You market the preacher, you market his books, you market his tapes – now they’re into movies, they’re trying to use everything to touch people and you have to have somebody managing it.
“Now what happens is because it reaches and touches people, people respond. That’s where the mass of wealth comes from. It’s how you manage it and what you do with it as a CEO or as a chairman of the board that becomes critical.”
The Bishop continues below, with his co-star Clarence McClendon chiming in, attempting to explain how even Jesus knew “how to acquire resource” for his ministry:
“Preachers of L.A.” season 2 premieres Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 10 p.m. on Oxygen.
Watch a promo below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here