*Bishop Noel Jones and his fellow men of the cloth on Oxygen’s “Preachers of L.A.” have been accused of using the show to flaunt their riches.
Not very Christ-like, according to the show’s critics.
Jones, senior pastor of The City of Refuge Church in Gardena, Calif., has income pouring in from multiple sources, including his 17,000-member church, his Noel Jones Ministries, DVD and CD sales, book sales, speaking engagements around the world…and now, the reality series, returning Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 10 p.m.
Jones concedes the success of churches these days are driven by the personality of their preachers. But critics of his wealth should judge him on how his money is handled, not how much comes in.
“You market the preacher, you market his books, you market his tapes – now they’re into movies, they’re trying to use everything to touch people and you have to have somebody managing it.
“Now what happens is because it reaches and touches people, people respond. That’s where the mass of wealth comes from. It’s how you manage it and what you do with it as a CEO or as a chairman of the board that becomes critical.”
The Bishop continues below, with his co-star Clarence McClendon chiming in, attempting to explain how even Jesus knew “how to acquire resource” for his ministry:
“Preachers of L.A.” season 2 premieres Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 10 p.m. on Oxygen.
Watch a promo below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here