*Universal’s upcoming N.W.A. biopic continues to pad its cast, adding actors for the roles of Snoop Dogg, Warren G. and Eazy-E’s widow Tomica Woods.
Actor Keith Stanfield, currently in theaters in “The Purge: Anarchy,” will play Snoop, while Sheldon A. Smith will suit up as Warren G…
…and Carra Patterson from “Why Did I Get Married Too?” will portray Woods.
They join Jason Mitchell as the late Eazy-E, O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as his real-life dad Ice Cube and Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” according to TheWrap.com.
F. Gary Gray will direct the film about the rap group’s rise to fame in the late 1980s and their subsequent split in 1991. Cube and Dre are producing with Matt Alvarez and Woods, while Gray is executive producing with Will Packer and former Universal exec Scott Bernstein.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in August 2015.
Stanfield, a standout in “Short Term 12,” will next be seen in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here