*Universal’s upcoming N.W.A. biopic continues to pad its cast, adding actors for the roles of Snoop Dogg, Warren G. and Eazy-E’s widow Tomica Woods.
Actor Keith Stanfield, currently in theaters in “The Purge: Anarchy,” will play Snoop, while Sheldon A. Smith will suit up as Warren G…
…and Carra Patterson from “Why Did I Get Married Too?” will portray Woods.
They join Jason Mitchell as the late Eazy-E, O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as his real-life dad Ice Cube and Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” according to TheWrap.com.
F. Gary Gray will direct the film about the rap group’s rise to fame in the late 1980s and their subsequent split in 1991. Cube and Dre are producing with Matt Alvarez and Woods, while Gray is executive producing with Will Packer and former Universal exec Scott Bernstein.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in August 2015.
Stanfield, a standout in “Short Term 12,” will next be seen in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here