*Universal’s upcoming N.W.A. biopic continues to pad its cast, adding actors for the roles of Snoop Dogg, Warren G. and Eazy-E’s widow Tomica Woods.
Actor Keith Stanfield, currently in theaters in “The Purge: Anarchy,” will play Snoop, while Sheldon A. Smith will suit up as Warren G…
…and Carra Patterson from “Why Did I Get Married Too?” will portray Woods.
They join Jason Mitchell as the late Eazy-E, O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as his real-life dad Ice Cube and Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” according to TheWrap.com.
F. Gary Gray will direct the film about the rap group’s rise to fame in the late 1980s and their subsequent split in 1991. Cube and Dre are producing with Matt Alvarez and Woods, while Gray is executive producing with Will Packer and former Universal exec Scott Bernstein.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in August 2015.
Stanfield, a standout in “Short Term 12,” will next be seen in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here