*Universal’s upcoming N.W.A. biopic continues to pad its cast, adding actors for the roles of Snoop Dogg, Warren G. and Eazy-E’s widow Tomica Woods.
Actor Keith Stanfield, currently in theaters in “The Purge: Anarchy,” will play Snoop, while Sheldon A. Smith will suit up as Warren G…
…and Carra Patterson from “Why Did I Get Married Too?” will portray Woods.
They join Jason Mitchell as the late Eazy-E, O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as his real-life dad Ice Cube and Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” according to TheWrap.com.
F. Gary Gray will direct the film about the rap group’s rise to fame in the late 1980s and their subsequent split in 1991. Cube and Dre are producing with Matt Alvarez and Woods, while Gray is executive producing with Will Packer and former Universal exec Scott Bernstein.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in August 2015.
Stanfield, a standout in “Short Term 12,” will next be seen in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here