*Universal’s upcoming N.W.A. biopic continues to pad its cast, adding actors for the roles of Snoop Dogg, Warren G. and Eazy-E’s widow Tomica Woods.
Actor Keith Stanfield, currently in theaters in “The Purge: Anarchy,” will play Snoop, while Sheldon A. Smith will suit up as Warren G…
…and Carra Patterson from “Why Did I Get Married Too?” will portray Woods.
They join Jason Mitchell as the late Eazy-E, O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as his real-life dad Ice Cube and Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” according to TheWrap.com.
F. Gary Gray will direct the film about the rap group’s rise to fame in the late 1980s and their subsequent split in 1991. Cube and Dre are producing with Matt Alvarez and Woods, while Gray is executive producing with Will Packer and former Universal exec Scott Bernstein.
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in August 2015.
Stanfield, a standout in “Short Term 12,” will next be seen in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here