*Promos ran all weekend for a “mega announcement” to be made by Prince on “Good Morning America” Monday. Well, only Prince can deliver an announcement without actually being present to deliver it.
Instead, his all female backing band 3rdEyeGirl showed up outside of “GMA’s” Times Square studios to announce that the Purple One will release two new albums in September…on the same day.
“Art Official Age” follows up his 2010 release “20Ten,” and the long-teased “Plectrum Electrum” is a collaborative project with 3rdEyeGirl.
A statement from Cameron Strang, Warner Bros Records Chairman and CEO, reads, “Prince is one of just a handful of visionary artists who have truly reshaped and redefined modern music and culture.
“For the past 35 years, he has never stopped evolving, challenging himself, reinventing his sound, and pushing boundaries. In true Prince fashion, he has just given us not one, but two extraordinary albums that express the incredible range and depth of his talent.”
A number of songs that Prince has released in recent months will appear on the new albums, both due on Sept. 30.
“PlectrumElectrum” will feature “FIXURLIFEUP” and “FUNKNROLL,” while “Art Official Age” will also contain “FUNKNROLL” (no word yet on whether they are different versions) and “Breakfast Can Wait.”
Fans who pre-order “PlectrumElectrum” get an instant download of “PretzelBodyLogic” (which is also for sale as a single), while the pre-order for “Art Official Age” includes instant downloads of “Clouds” and “Breakdown.”
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here