*Promos ran all weekend for a “mega announcement” to be made by Prince on “Good Morning America” Monday. Well, only Prince can deliver an announcement without actually being present to deliver it.
Instead, his all female backing band 3rdEyeGirl showed up outside of “GMA’s” Times Square studios to announce that the Purple One will release two new albums in September…on the same day.
“Art Official Age” follows up his 2010 release “20Ten,” and the long-teased “Plectrum Electrum” is a collaborative project with 3rdEyeGirl.
A statement from Cameron Strang, Warner Bros Records Chairman and CEO, reads, “Prince is one of just a handful of visionary artists who have truly reshaped and redefined modern music and culture.
“For the past 35 years, he has never stopped evolving, challenging himself, reinventing his sound, and pushing boundaries. In true Prince fashion, he has just given us not one, but two extraordinary albums that express the incredible range and depth of his talent.”
A number of songs that Prince has released in recent months will appear on the new albums, both due on Sept. 30.
“PlectrumElectrum” will feature “FIXURLIFEUP” and “FUNKNROLL,” while “Art Official Age” will also contain “FUNKNROLL” (no word yet on whether they are different versions) and “Breakfast Can Wait.”
Fans who pre-order “PlectrumElectrum” get an instant download of “PretzelBodyLogic” (which is also for sale as a single), while the pre-order for “Art Official Age” includes instant downloads of “Clouds” and “Breakdown.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here