No less than four attorneys attended an emergency meeting Thursday with Jay, Beyoncé, the tour’s promoter Live Nation and HBO to hash out the pair’s marital drama. Despite calls from executives to put out a statement, Jay Z and Beyoncé couldn’t agree on what to say and thus declined.
According to a source, things do not look good as far as the rest of the tour, which could see cancellation before it ends in Paris in September.
“This may not make it to San Francisco,” the source told Page Six. “I’m definitely not sure that they’ll make it to Paris. There are lawyers that have now joined the tour, and they’re not here just to see them perform. They are here to help hash things out”
Thursday’s meeting comes as HBO prepares to air a special on the tour in September. The source added that the channel has captured many of the performances and that Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino and HBO chief Richard Plepler wanted the meeting before “this becomes a public-relations nightmare.”
To further complicate things, there are rumblings of Jay and Bey living separate lives, despite playing like they’re happily married couple onstage and online. The Post notes that Beyoncé was on the hunt for her own apartment.
“Rapino is pissed that everything is so out in the open and things are so heated,” the source mentioned. It’s gotten so bad that the couple, which married in 2008, is living separate lives even on the tour. They’re not just staying in different hotel rooms, but they have booked separate hotels, and they arrive separately to each show.”
Jay Z’s controlling personality looks to be one of the reasons behind the marital strife, the source said. So much so that the rap mogul won’t let his wife talk to just anybody regarding what’s going on.
“They’ve had discussions lately about the inevitable sit-down interview when they finally do split, and Jay’s been adamant that he doesn’t want Beyoncé sitting down with Barbara Walters or Oprah Winfrey pretending to be the victim,” the source said.
Speaking of talking to the media, at least one person in Bey’s own camp is letting the cat out of the bag with revealing that the couple’s split is indeed coming. Chatting with Yahoo’s Insider Beyoncé’s lead dancer, Ashley Everett, said that Mrs. Carter is tired of Jigga’s rampant cheating and wants her freedom.
“I think after a certain amount of time there’s only so much a person can take, but she’s expressed it through her art and through her music and so I guess that’s her outlet,” said Everett.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here