*Joe Morton, who just won an Emmy for his guest role in “Scandal,” has joined the upcoming Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin Netflix comedy “Grace and Frankie,” notes the Hollywood Reporter.
The comedy centers on nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin), whose lives are turned upside down when their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married. The women, much to their dismay, find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, find they have each other.
Morton will appear as Jason, one of Frankie and husband Sol’s (Sam Waterston) oldest, dearest friends. In future episodes he will not only help Frankie navigate the world of divorce, but he will also help Sol grow more comfortable being “out.”
Morton, who is poised to return to “Scandal” during its upcoming fourth season, will next co-star in TNT’s new drama series “Proof.”
“Grace and Frankie” is slated for a 2015 debut and is written and created by “Friends” co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris.
Tate Taylor (“The Help,” “Get On Up”) also serves as executive producer and will direct the first episode.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here