*Atlanta, GA – The W Hotel Buckhead was the setting for the inaugural RAGTRADE fashion show held August 23, and Atlanta welcomed this event with open arms.
Encompassing a style lounge, designer studio, and fashion blogger lounge, the event was carried out in top notch style, providing leverage to the concept of Atlanta being a ‘true’ fashion haven for up and coming designers.
Comparable to the likes of a New York city runway show during fashion week -inclusive of the catwalk, svelte models, signature cocktails, and oft dramatic runway music, RAGTRADE showcased gorgeous, creative and innovative couture, putting on display designers’ pieces ranging from contemporary, evening, and high fashion, to classic, bold, and avant-garde.
Sponsored by notable brands such as Modern Luxury/Jezebel and The Atlantan Magazine, W Hotels, Living proof, Bauder College, and stila Cosmetics, RAGTRADE was a successful first show of this caliber to be held in Atlanta and there were already talks of RAGTRADE Atlanta 2015 preparations amongst the organizers.
A Bauder College Senior juried collection consisting of some of the most artistic and ingenious designs was the precursor to the latter highly anticipated event of the evening, the Emerging Designers Spring/Summer 2015 show. The five Emerging Designers included beautiful and extravagant fashions by Milo Beloved, Anna Toth, and three African American designers Larika Page, Natt Taylor, and Edmond Newton.
Newton may be recognizable from his time on NBC’s reality television show “Fashion Star,” and whose line has been bought by Macy’s while Larika Page was the 2010 winner of Charleston Fashion week and Natt Taylor brings a women’s wear collection offering uniqueness in their form, details, fabric combinations, and bold color schemes.
Designs by both Larika and Natt can be seen and purchased on www.larikapage.com and www.natttaylor.com. These three African American designers all have unique styles represented in their collections and are sure to turn heads and have longevity in the fashion industry.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here