*Atlanta, GA – The W Hotel Buckhead was the setting for the inaugural RAGTRADE fashion show held August 23, and Atlanta welcomed this event with open arms.
Encompassing a style lounge, designer studio, and fashion blogger lounge, the event was carried out in top notch style, providing leverage to the concept of Atlanta being a ‘true’ fashion haven for up and coming designers.
Comparable to the likes of a New York city runway show during fashion week -inclusive of the catwalk, svelte models, signature cocktails, and oft dramatic runway music, RAGTRADE showcased gorgeous, creative and innovative couture, putting on display designers’ pieces ranging from contemporary, evening, and high fashion, to classic, bold, and avant-garde.
Sponsored by notable brands such as Modern Luxury/Jezebel and The Atlantan Magazine, W Hotels, Living proof, Bauder College, and stila Cosmetics, RAGTRADE was a successful first show of this caliber to be held in Atlanta and there were already talks of RAGTRADE Atlanta 2015 preparations amongst the organizers.
A Bauder College Senior juried collection consisting of some of the most artistic and ingenious designs was the precursor to the latter highly anticipated event of the evening, the Emerging Designers Spring/Summer 2015 show. The five Emerging Designers included beautiful and extravagant fashions by Milo Beloved, Anna Toth, and three African American designers Larika Page, Natt Taylor, and Edmond Newton.
Newton may be recognizable from his time on NBC’s reality television show “Fashion Star,” and whose line has been bought by Macy’s while Larika Page was the 2010 winner of Charleston Fashion week and Natt Taylor brings a women’s wear collection offering uniqueness in their form, details, fabric combinations, and bold color schemes.
Designs by both Larika and Natt can be seen and purchased on www.larikapage.com and www.natttaylor.com. These three African American designers all have unique styles represented in their collections and are sure to turn heads and have longevity in the fashion industry.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here