The 60s had The Supremes, and the 80s had The Pointer Sisters. But when it came to impactful ‘girl groups,’ the 1970s were ruled by The Emotions. Wanda, Sheila and Jeanette Hutchinson had it all; beauty, glamour, and harmonizing voices that set the industry on fire.
After growing up as local gospel stars in Chicago, they first made their mark on the national scene at Stax Records. But when they joined forces with the legendary Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, songs like “Best of My Love,” “Don’t Ask My Neighbors” and “Boogie Wonderland” made them household names.
Bad business deals, family tragedies and financial troubles changed the game. But by putting family first, the Emotions have survived to tell their tale on this special episode of “Unsung.”
Click below to see a the trailer for the new season:
“Unsung” is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams, and is executive-produced by Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Frank Sinton of A. Smith & Co. Productions for TV One.
Mark Rowland is Co-Executive Producer. Lamar Chase is producer and Executive in charge of production for TV One is Jubba Seyyid.
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here