The 60s had The Supremes, and the 80s had The Pointer Sisters. But when it came to impactful ‘girl groups,’ the 1970s were ruled by The Emotions. Wanda, Sheila and Jeanette Hutchinson had it all; beauty, glamour, and harmonizing voices that set the industry on fire.
After growing up as local gospel stars in Chicago, they first made their mark on the national scene at Stax Records. But when they joined forces with the legendary Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, songs like “Best of My Love,” “Don’t Ask My Neighbors” and “Boogie Wonderland” made them household names.
Bad business deals, family tragedies and financial troubles changed the game. But by putting family first, the Emotions have survived to tell their tale on this special episode of “Unsung.”
Click below to see a the trailer for the new season:
“Unsung” is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams, and is executive-produced by Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Frank Sinton of A. Smith & Co. Productions for TV One.
Mark Rowland is Co-Executive Producer. Lamar Chase is producer and Executive in charge of production for TV One is Jubba Seyyid.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here