The 60s had The Supremes, and the 80s had The Pointer Sisters. But when it came to impactful ‘girl groups,’ the 1970s were ruled by The Emotions. Wanda, Sheila and Jeanette Hutchinson had it all; beauty, glamour, and harmonizing voices that set the industry on fire.
After growing up as local gospel stars in Chicago, they first made their mark on the national scene at Stax Records. But when they joined forces with the legendary Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, songs like “Best of My Love,” “Don’t Ask My Neighbors” and “Boogie Wonderland” made them household names.
Bad business deals, family tragedies and financial troubles changed the game. But by putting family first, the Emotions have survived to tell their tale on this special episode of “Unsung.”
Click below to see a the trailer for the new season:
“Unsung” is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams, and is executive-produced by Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Frank Sinton of A. Smith & Co. Productions for TV One.
Mark Rowland is Co-Executive Producer. Lamar Chase is producer and Executive in charge of production for TV One is Jubba Seyyid.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here