The 60s had The Supremes, and the 80s had The Pointer Sisters. But when it came to impactful ‘girl groups,’ the 1970s were ruled by The Emotions. Wanda, Sheila and Jeanette Hutchinson had it all; beauty, glamour, and harmonizing voices that set the industry on fire.
After growing up as local gospel stars in Chicago, they first made their mark on the national scene at Stax Records. But when they joined forces with the legendary Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, songs like “Best of My Love,” “Don’t Ask My Neighbors” and “Boogie Wonderland” made them household names.
Bad business deals, family tragedies and financial troubles changed the game. But by putting family first, the Emotions have survived to tell their tale on this special episode of “Unsung.”
Click below to see a the trailer for the new season:
“Unsung” is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams, and is executive-produced by Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Frank Sinton of A. Smith & Co. Productions for TV One.
Mark Rowland is Co-Executive Producer. Lamar Chase is producer and Executive in charge of production for TV One is Jubba Seyyid.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here