The 60s had The Supremes, and the 80s had The Pointer Sisters. But when it came to impactful ‘girl groups,’ the 1970s were ruled by The Emotions. Wanda, Sheila and Jeanette Hutchinson had it all; beauty, glamour, and harmonizing voices that set the industry on fire.
After growing up as local gospel stars in Chicago, they first made their mark on the national scene at Stax Records. But when they joined forces with the legendary Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, songs like “Best of My Love,” “Don’t Ask My Neighbors” and “Boogie Wonderland” made them household names.
Bad business deals, family tragedies and financial troubles changed the game. But by putting family first, the Emotions have survived to tell their tale on this special episode of “Unsung.”
Click below to see a the trailer for the new season:
“Unsung” is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams, and is executive-produced by Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Frank Sinton of A. Smith & Co. Productions for TV One.
Mark Rowland is Co-Executive Producer. Lamar Chase is producer and Executive in charge of production for TV One is Jubba Seyyid.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here