*Acting like a proud mother, Tyra Banks voiced how happy she was to see her former “America’s Next Top Model” contestant, Yaya DaCosta” play Whitney Houston in Lifetime’s upcoming biopic on the late singer.
Knowing how far DaCosta has come, Banks couldn’t be more impressed.
“This is insane and huge for me and Yaya I’m super proud of you,” the former supermodel said Tuesday night during an appearance on “Watch What Happens Live”. You won the acting challenge on America’s Next Top Model back in the day so we knew that there was something special. She’s an actress that use to model.”
DaCosta wasn’t the only topic discussed during Banks’ visit to the “WWHL” set in New York City. The show’s host, Andy Cohen, couldn’t help but reminisce over Banks’ modeling days while asking if the fashion icon had any interest in reuniting with the other original Victoria Secrets original angels, if given the chance.
“I have been asked to do a reunion many years ago and I said ‘No’ because I was trying to be taken seriously as a talk show host and an executive producer and as a businesswoman,” she said. “I don’t know if I would, but whenever I see them I feel like we have a connection, these angels because we’re like the OG original angels. Like that was invented on us.”
For more of Tyra Banks’ appearances on “WWHL,” including her playing “Plead the Fifth,” check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here