*Vince Young was a college superstar who had everything going for him in 2006, but things didn’t go initially as planned.
Young led the Texas Longhorns to a massive win over USC in the Rose Bowl for the national championship. He thought that was enough to secure him a spot with the Houston Texans.
He was wrong. After leaving college before his senior year, the Texans decided to go with defensive end Mario Williams.
Instead of being a No. 1 pick, he was No. 3 and drafted by the Tennessee Titans where he had a disappointing NFL career.
But if he had known the Texans would pass on him, he would’ve remained a Longhorn.
“The Texans had the No. 1 pick, that was the place I wanted to play at,” Young said. “I wish they would’ve told me that they weren’t picking me because I would’ve stayed in for my senior year. But it didn’t happen like that.”
Nevertheless, the Longhorns were just fine without Young. They had Colt McCoy as the new star quarterback.
But many fans feel Young could’ve gotten the Longhorns another national title and made the team a Heisman winner.
Recently, Young was hired by the university in the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here