*Vince Young was a college superstar who had everything going for him in 2006, but things didn’t go initially as planned.
Young led the Texas Longhorns to a massive win over USC in the Rose Bowl for the national championship. He thought that was enough to secure him a spot with the Houston Texans.
He was wrong. After leaving college before his senior year, the Texans decided to go with defensive end Mario Williams.
Instead of being a No. 1 pick, he was No. 3 and drafted by the Tennessee Titans where he had a disappointing NFL career.
But if he had known the Texans would pass on him, he would’ve remained a Longhorn.
“The Texans had the No. 1 pick, that was the place I wanted to play at,” Young said. “I wish they would’ve told me that they weren’t picking me because I would’ve stayed in for my senior year. But it didn’t happen like that.”
Nevertheless, the Longhorns were just fine without Young. They had Colt McCoy as the new star quarterback.
But many fans feel Young could’ve gotten the Longhorns another national title and made the team a Heisman winner.
Recently, Young was hired by the university in the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here