*It’s been almost a week since Power 105’s “The Breakfast Club” co-host Charlamange Tha God exposed Floyd “Money” Mayweather‘s reading challenges after being instigated by 50 Cent..
The boxing champ was given some copy to read for a “drop” (promo) for the station and what should’ve taken about ten seconds seem to go on for an eternity with a clearly uncomfortable “Money” stumbling and fumbling his way ’til he finally finished. It was not a good look for the champ. (Hear it here.)
In another article on Mayweather’s reading problem, Marc Lamont Hill sided with the boxer while highlighting the reality that millions of others in this country have the SAME problem.
Today, courtesy of Floyd Mayweather’s boxing publicist, Kelly Swanson, we have him on tape reading an even longer promo which he does a lot better. Of course we have no idea of how practice he may have had or many takes it took to get it to the point where we see him on the video, but he comes off a lot smoother than he did with the radio station drops/promos
Here’s what Ms. Swanson had to say in a note to the media:
“I have worked with Floyd Mayweather since 2005 and feel it is only right that I come to his defense. The unfair reports that Floyd cannot read, which have been posted on social media by various individuals and reported by certain media outlets, are simply not true. The proof is in the pudding.
“Please watch the video (below) that was recorded by Floyd for promotional purposes (which included taping a spot for a CBS College Football game and a spot promoting his fight against Marcos Maidana.
“I believe it is extremely unfair for people to make claims against others that are unfounded and hence, filled with malice. I hope you are willing to help me right this wrong and report ‘the rest of this story’ with these facts.”
Watch Floyd Mayweather Almost Flawlessly Read a Promo for His Fight (Video)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here