*You’ve heard the saying “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything” right?
These past months may have given black communities more than enough reason to lose trust in the police; with the harassment, killing and strong-arm tactics used on mostly unarmed black and brown men, one Texas group of African Americans have taken it upon themselves to take a stand and do something about it. Invoking their right to ‘open carry’ more than 30 members of the newly-formed Huey P. Newton Gun Club gathered to march through South Dallas with rifles, shotguns, and AR-15s. Eventually, the group even entered a restaurant where Dallas police officers were inside eating lunch – still carrying their weapons.
A statement from the gun club’s website says, “The recent murders of unarmed black, brown, and whites across the United States of America has eradicated trust in the police.”
According to the site Dallas police have murdered over 70 unarmed individuals, most of them black and brown men, over the last ten years; not counting a recent incident where police testimony was contradicted by surveillance footage.
There have been no police indictments since 1973.
The people, who are gunned down and murdered by violent and militarized police forces, have formed the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, for the specific purpose of self defense and community policing.
Continue reading at EURThisNthat
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here