*Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Awards hat will soon take its place in a museum.
The Vivienne Westwood Buffalo chapeau was sold to fast food restaurant chain Arby’s at a charity auction for over $40,000, but will now go on loan to Washington DC’s Newseum on August 22.
The hat made headlines following the star-studded evening when Arby’s entered into a Twitter exchange with the singer after paying $44,100 for the garment on eBay to benefit his teen charity One Hand to Another.
Pharrell wrote on Twitter: ”Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another.”
Arby’s – whose corporate logo is a 10-gallon hat, bearing a strong resemblance to the one worn by the singer – jokingly tweeted back: ”You’re welcome. We’re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!”
The accessory has been accepted by the museum as part of a short-term exhibit to reflect the impact of social media on the news.
Chris Fuller, the vice president of brand and corporate communications at Arby’s, told The Washington Post: ”The post-Grammy’s Twitter exchange between Arby’s and Pharrell about his hat was completely unexpected and has just become this remarkable moment in pop-culture this year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here