*Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Awards hat will soon take its place in a museum.
The Vivienne Westwood Buffalo chapeau was sold to fast food restaurant chain Arby’s at a charity auction for over $40,000, but will now go on loan to Washington DC’s Newseum on August 22.
The hat made headlines following the star-studded evening when Arby’s entered into a Twitter exchange with the singer after paying $44,100 for the garment on eBay to benefit his teen charity One Hand to Another.
Pharrell wrote on Twitter: ”Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another.”
Arby’s – whose corporate logo is a 10-gallon hat, bearing a strong resemblance to the one worn by the singer – jokingly tweeted back: ”You’re welcome. We’re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!”
The accessory has been accepted by the museum as part of a short-term exhibit to reflect the impact of social media on the news.
Chris Fuller, the vice president of brand and corporate communications at Arby’s, told The Washington Post: ”The post-Grammy’s Twitter exchange between Arby’s and Pharrell about his hat was completely unexpected and has just become this remarkable moment in pop-culture this year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here