*Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Awards hat will soon take its place in a museum.
The Vivienne Westwood Buffalo chapeau was sold to fast food restaurant chain Arby’s at a charity auction for over $40,000, but will now go on loan to Washington DC’s Newseum on August 22.
The hat made headlines following the star-studded evening when Arby’s entered into a Twitter exchange with the singer after paying $44,100 for the garment on eBay to benefit his teen charity One Hand to Another.
Pharrell wrote on Twitter: ”Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another.”
Arby’s – whose corporate logo is a 10-gallon hat, bearing a strong resemblance to the one worn by the singer – jokingly tweeted back: ”You’re welcome. We’re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!”
The accessory has been accepted by the museum as part of a short-term exhibit to reflect the impact of social media on the news.
Chris Fuller, the vice president of brand and corporate communications at Arby’s, told The Washington Post: ”The post-Grammy’s Twitter exchange between Arby’s and Pharrell about his hat was completely unexpected and has just become this remarkable moment in pop-culture this year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here