*Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Awards hat will soon take its place in a museum.
The Vivienne Westwood Buffalo chapeau was sold to fast food restaurant chain Arby’s at a charity auction for over $40,000, but will now go on loan to Washington DC’s Newseum on August 22.
The hat made headlines following the star-studded evening when Arby’s entered into a Twitter exchange with the singer after paying $44,100 for the garment on eBay to benefit his teen charity One Hand to Another.
Pharrell wrote on Twitter: ”Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for $44,100. Your donation benefits From One Hand to Another.”
Arby’s – whose corporate logo is a 10-gallon hat, bearing a strong resemblance to the one worn by the singer – jokingly tweeted back: ”You’re welcome. We’re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!”
The accessory has been accepted by the museum as part of a short-term exhibit to reflect the impact of social media on the news.
Chris Fuller, the vice president of brand and corporate communications at Arby’s, told The Washington Post: ”The post-Grammy’s Twitter exchange between Arby’s and Pharrell about his hat was completely unexpected and has just become this remarkable moment in pop-culture this year.”
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here