*The Michigan woman accused of stabbing the father of Mary J. Blige will have her day in court.
A judge ordered Cheryl White, 50, of Battle Creek, to stand trial on charges she stabbed her boyfriend, Mary’s 63-year-old dad Thomas Blige, following a domestic dispute.
White faces up to life in prison if convicted of assault with attempt to murder, The Battle Creek Inquirer reported.
Thomas Blige testified Monday that White attacked him with a knife on Jan. 23 after he caught her slashing his tires.
“I was up early getting ready for school and I saw Cheryl White slashing my tires,” Blige said. “As I went to her she started slashing me. She said something out of anger like, ‘You won’t mess with me.'”
Jeffrey Schroder, an attorney for White, argued that Blige’s testimony about the incident was unclear.
“I don’t know how anyone can believe that witness,” Schroder said.
Blige said he was cut on the throat, lung and arm. He said he was able to run into a friend’s apartment, where he was staying after a domestic dispute with White the day before.
“Me and Cheryl have serious domestic problems,” Blige said. “The day before we were fighting and the police were called. We have verbal fights multiple times. An enormous number of times.”
Blige denied that he tried to attack White after she stabbed him.
“I didn’t chase her, I approached her,” he said. “I was trying to embrace her out of love. I have never harmed her; I love her and I don’t like the situation she is in.”
Calhoun County District Judge Frank Line ordered the case to circuit court for trial.
White is being held in the county jail.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here