*The Michigan woman accused of stabbing the father of Mary J. Blige will have her day in court.
A judge ordered Cheryl White, 50, of Battle Creek, to stand trial on charges she stabbed her boyfriend, Mary’s 63-year-old dad Thomas Blige, following a domestic dispute.
White faces up to life in prison if convicted of assault with attempt to murder, The Battle Creek Inquirer reported.
Thomas Blige testified Monday that White attacked him with a knife on Jan. 23 after he caught her slashing his tires.
“I was up early getting ready for school and I saw Cheryl White slashing my tires,” Blige said. “As I went to her she started slashing me. She said something out of anger like, ‘You won’t mess with me.'”
Jeffrey Schroder, an attorney for White, argued that Blige’s testimony about the incident was unclear.
“I don’t know how anyone can believe that witness,” Schroder said.
Blige said he was cut on the throat, lung and arm. He said he was able to run into a friend’s apartment, where he was staying after a domestic dispute with White the day before.
“Me and Cheryl have serious domestic problems,” Blige said. “The day before we were fighting and the police were called. We have verbal fights multiple times. An enormous number of times.”
Blige denied that he tried to attack White after she stabbed him.
“I didn’t chase her, I approached her,” he said. “I was trying to embrace her out of love. I have never harmed her; I love her and I don’t like the situation she is in.”
Calhoun County District Judge Frank Line ordered the case to circuit court for trial.
White is being held in the county jail.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here