*Little League World Series star Mo’ne Davis has made it known that she is a basketball player at heart and wants to someday play for the UConn Huskies.
As previously reported, the team’s coach Geno Auriemma called Davis to congratulate the athlete on her team’s World Series run…which gave one of its rival school a opening.
According to the Hartford Courant, a school that has yet to be named reported the publicized phone call to the American Athletic Conference as a potential recruiting violation.
“That’s the world that we live in,” Auriemma told the Courant.
The conference confirmed Thursday that it had received the complaint. The objecting school has not been identified, but the Courant reported that Connecticut does not believe it was a violation because Davis, an eighth-grader, is not yet a prospective student-athlete.
The NCAA defines a prospective student-athlete as “a student who has started classes for the ninth grade.”
Davis, 13, helped lead Philadelphia’s Taney Dragons to the American semifinals in Williamsport, and she gained national attention for her pitching and poise.
“I have no idea if the kid is very good, kind of good, not good at all or a superstar or can even reach the basket,” Auriemma told the Courant. “How is that a violation?”
Meanwhile, Mo’ne has gone from Little League World Series star to Sports Illustrated cover girl to hanging with the Phillie Phanatic at a Phillies game…
…to throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at Dodger Stadium on Tuesday.
Beforehand, Mo’ne hung out on the field with Queen Latifah and posed for pictures with Dodgers players.
She even autographed a ball for Dodgers superstar Yasiel Puig.
After being introduced by Latifah, the pitcher who last month became the first girl to win a Little League World Series game (and hurl a shutout) lived up to her reputation.
Her toss was a fastball on the outside corner for a strike to backup catcher Drew Butera.
Watch it all go down below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here