*(New York, NY)—In anticipation of the impending grand jury decision in Ferguson, MO, National Action Network (NAN) Chapters are encouraging community members to join them when it is announced.
Regardless of what the decision is, NAN chapters in over 20 cities around the country will gather. If the decision is to indict Officer Darren Wilson, they will focus on what would be a teaching moment on how to deal with national legislation for policing.
Moving forward they would also focus on how they can prepare for the trial. If the Ferguson grand jury decision clears him of criminal charges then NAN will call for protests to remain peaceful and for the federal government to come in with a federal grand jury to move for civil rights charges on excessive force.
NAN will continue to also call for federal intervention in cases such as Eric Garner in Staten Island, NY.
- ATLANTA, GA: 75 Spring St, SW, 2211 U.S. Courthouse
- BIRMINGHAM, AL: 1729 5th Avenue North #140
- ATLANTIC CITY, NJ: 2715 Atlantic Ave
- BROOKLYN, NY: 225 Cadman Plaza E. Brooklyn, NY
- CHARLESTON, NC: 200 East Bay Street City of Charleston Police Department, 180 Lockwood Blvd
- CHARLOTTE, NC: 401 West Trade Street
- CHICAGO, IL: 219 S Dearborn St #74
- CINCINNATI, OH: 550 Main Street
- PHILADELPHIA, PA: 601 Market Street
- CLEVELAND, OH: 801 West Superior Avenue
- DETROIT, MI: 231 W Lafayette Blvd
- FERGUSON, MO: (Police Department), 222 S. Florissant Road
- LOS ANGELES, CA COURT HOUSE: 255 East Temple
- NATCHEZ, MS: 109 North Pearl Street
- NEWARK, NJ: 970 Broad St. (Broad/Walnut Sts.)
- OAKLAND, CA: 1225 Fallon Street
- ORLANDO, FL: 401 West Central Boulevard
- PATERSON, NJ: 401 Grand Street
- PHOENIX, AZ: 400 West Washington
- SANFORD, FL: 1300 Park Avenue
- TALLAHASSEE, FL: 111 South Adams Street
As more cities are added they will be updated on: www.nationalactionnetwork.net
National Action Network