*Marion “Suge” Knight has been charged with murder and attempted murder after he allegedly ran over two people, killing one, following an argument in Compton last week, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney.
The official charges come hours after Knight’s $2.2 million bail was revoked, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida told The Times that Knight’s bail was pulled for the following reasons: “Possible flight risk, three-strike candidate, possible witness intimidation issues and his criminal past.”
As previously reported, Knight, 49, is accused of running over Terry Carter and Cle “Bone” Sloan with his truck. Carter was killed.
The incident was sparked at about 3 p.m. Thursday when Knight and the victims began arguing on the set of “Straight Outta Compton,” a biopic about the group N.W.A, said Lt. John Corina of the Sheriff’s Department’s detectives unit.
Knight’s attorney, James E. Blatt, told The Times that his client was being assaulted and, while trying to get away from his attackers, accidentally ran the two men over.
Prosecutors say Knight’s actions were intentional.
He’s due to make his first court appearance in Compton on Tuesday.