*Hey, we all understand the need for rules and regulations, but at some point common sense has got to take over.
The news of an EMT worker who jumped out of the ambulance after a frantic man alerted him to a child who was choking, is going viral. But not so much for his heroic efforts, because he went against company rules.
Now, Qwasi Reid has been suspended without pay from his job as a New York City EMT.
Reid and his partner had been transporting an elderly woman when a man alerted him to a 7-year-old girl who was choking on her lunch. The incident occurred on October 21. The EMT jumped out of the ambulance and administered First Aid on the girl. Saving her life.
Read more at EURThisNthat.