*Have you ever found yourself on an unfamiliar journey, with no idea where you were going or what you were doing? I’ve been there. Have you ever had a desire to accomplish something that was bigger than your current reality, but without a road map? So have I. Have you ever looked back at the mistakes you’ve made in your life and said, “I wish I knew then what I know now?” Same here. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a talented child and knew that he or she would go farther, do better, help more and achieve on levels that you didn’t? Me too. Have you ever said to yourself, “I wish I had someone like a mentor to help me when I get stuck on my journey”? Well, I’ve got good news! A road map has been created and is ready to help guide you! Your literary mentor is ready with a big smile on her face to meet you! I am beyond excited to present to you my new book, scheduled for an October 20th 2015 release! Don’t forget to save the date!
I have spent over 30 years in various parts of the entertainment industry, and have found it to be an exciting, creative, disappointing, fulfilling, funny, stressful and exhilarating arena. However, when you are called to it, you learn to take the good with the bad, as you fulfill your purpose in it. When I started my journey, I had no children. Now, I have three sons who I believe were created to contribute to this wonderfully crazy world of entertainment. I didn’t know that my family would be living and working in the industry – but God knew. As a result, I feel as though I have been pregnant with the information in this book for more than two decades. It is now time to birth it and make it available to you. I am convinced the information and wisdom I share will help others because I wrote the book I wish were available when my sons and I started on our journey almost 20 years ago. With it, I am celebrating families, or in some cases, bringing the concept of family back to the entertainment industry.
My Child is Going to be Rich & Famous: How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment is the ultimate navigational guide for:
- Parents who want their child to soar without losing their sanity or family in the process.
- Casting directors who care about the emotional safety of talented kids.
- Parents who are concerned about the potential traps and pitfalls of “Show Business.”
- Networks that want its cast members to do well in life and in the ratings.
- Performers of all ages who want to be mentored.
- Adult performers who need life management skills.
- Artists, in all areas, who love what they do for a living.
- Production sets that want a safe place for child actors to work.
- Anyone who cares about the well-being and personal development of talented kids.
- Reps that want their clients to be professionally and personally grounded.
- Coaches (in acting and sports) who want to train gifted, focused and happy children.
- Performers who want to make money and learn how to keep most of it.
- Actors who want to better understand the highs and lows of the industry before they happen.
- Reps who want to help their client’s parents make good long-term decisions.
- Seasoned entertainers who want to help new artists make better decisions.
- Schools of the Performing Arts dedicated to helping artists achieve their goals.
- Sports camps and all organizations that equip and prepare kids and young adults for a life or career in entertainment.
- Parents who want their children to be rich and famous.
- Industry parents who are often asked, “How do I get my kids in Show Business?”
- Grandparents who want to protect their grandbabies as they pursue their dreams.
- Teachers who want their students to accomplish their academic and artistic goals.
- Industry mentors who understand the “Business of Show.”
- YouTubers and talented kids worldwide on social media who are looking for that “big break.”
- Parents and performers who need tools or have no idea what to do next.
- Anyone who feels stuck and needs applicable parenting or life skills.
- EVERYONE interested in surviving and thriving in all areas of entertainment.
Angela is an ordained minister and gospel/R&B singer and songwriter by calling, a personal business manager by experience, a writer, producer and author by profession, and life coach/spiritual parent by purpose. She is also a devoted wife of 28 years and mom to three incredible young men – Tyler James Williams (22), Tyrel Jackson Williams (18) and Tylen Jacob Williams (13) – who also happen to be wildly talented performers with extensive histories in the entertainment world. As the executive overseer of her sons’ ever-evolving careers and business endeavors for nearly two decades, and the academic facilitator of their home schooling education, she is uniquely qualified to guide other parents, siblings and family members embarking on a similar journey. Angela is a member of Women in Film Los Angeles, Film Independent and the Advisory Committee for The Actors Fund’s Looking Ahead Program. She holds a Bachelors degree in Business Management and a Masters degree in Psychology. Angela and her family are bi-coastal, living in New York and California.
My Child is Going to be Rich & Famous is available NOW for presale at: www.angelajwilliams.com
The ebook is available NOW for presale on kindle and ibooks
Follow Angela on Social Media: twitter: @my3tjwsons IG: angelajwill