*From a 5-year-old who danced her way to Internet fame to a music video that hopes to “see you again,” below is a list of the top trending and top music videos for 2015 on YouTube!
This year, YouTube introduces the top songs list which looks at top tracks based on views of official and fan-uploaded videos in 2015.
Also, check out the new YouTube Trending Tab feature that launches today and offers a new way to watch the videos people are watching, discussing and sharing each and every day so you don’t miss the latest meme or watercooler moment ever again.
The annual YouTube Rewind video that brings together the biggest music, trends, memes, and characters from the past twelve months featuring today’s biggest YouTube stars and mainstream personalities will launch on Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET on www.youtube.com/rewind.
Youtube’s 2015 Most Popular Video Lists
Top Trending Videos
Here are the top trending videos on YouTube for 2015, based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. The list represents the amazing variety of creativity brought to YouTube each day, which can include dance phenomenons, social commentaries, pranks and other thrilling moments from traditional media and big names on YouTube.
This is the first year that a dance video has made the top of YouTube’s trending videos list. Four television moments have made the list this year, including three late night talk shows.
The amount of hours people spent catching up on viral late night show clips has nearly doubled in the last year alone, showing how popular the genre has become on YouTube. Collectively, these 10 videos were watched for over 25 million hours and the channels who make them have more than 40 million subscribers.
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!!
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon – 4K – The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain’s Got Talent 2015
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off)
- Mean Tweets – President Obama Edition
The YouTube Top Trending Videos of 2015 playlist available at:
Top Music Videos
This year’s top music videos list illustrates how large the music video watching audience has become on YouTube and how quickly they watch and share these videos. At the top of the list is Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again,” which became the second fastest video to reach 1 billion views.
Adele’s “Hello” became the fastest rising video ever to reach 100 million views and scored a spot on the top music videos list in less than six weeks. Collectively, the 10 music videos featured on this list have 6.5 billion views and over 66 million subscribers.
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
- Taylor Swift – Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- David Guetta – Hey Mama (Official Video) ft Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack
- Sia – Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
- Fifth Harmony – Worth It ft. Kid Ink
- Adele – Hello
- Silentó – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
The YouTube Top Music Videos of 2015 playlist available at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbpi6ZahtOH4vQ2Erbmrksr1tQiAx5jx1
For the first time, YouTube is releasing this new list of top songs that are the most popular tracks based on views of official and fan-uploaded videos on YouTube in 2015.
- Uptown Funk
- See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth) – Universal Pictures Film Music
- Thinking Out Loud
- Gangnam Style
- Blank Space
- Shake It Off
- All About That Bass
- Cheerleader – Felix Jaehn Remix Radio Edit
Youtube Trending Tab – New Feature!
The YouTube Trending Tab offers a way to track the videos people are watching, discussing, and sharing each and every day.
Rolling out today, the Trending Tab is a new feature available in your YouTube desktop and mobile app that aggregates a wide range of popular and buzzworthy content from across the world of video in a feed that you can access on the device of your choice.
From the most-anticipated new trailers to the hottest music videos or viral clips from the biggest (and smallest) YouTube creators, the Trending Tab captures a list of videos with the most views and newsworthy or otherwise notable videos receiving rapid rises in viewership that are generating discussion on YouTube and off so you don’t miss the latest meme or watercooler moment.