*You had to expect GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump to stir the #OscarsSoWhite controversy by questioning why white actors get shut out of black awards shows, like the BET Awards. Trump expressed his opinion on Wednesday while speaking to Fox & Friends about celebrities boycotting the 2016 Oscars over the lack of black nominees.
Trump followed Fox contributor Stacey Dash’s lead on the show, where both guests were asked about the Academy Awards backlash. She called out BET for giving awards largely to black people.
“I think it’s ludicrous, because we have to make up our minds,” She told Steve Doocy. “Either we want to have segregation or integration. If we don’t want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards, where you’re only awarded if you’re black. If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It’s a double standard.”
Later in the show, Trump weighed in, saying “I saw somebody on your show today say, ‘Well, what do we do with BET?'” said the real estate mogul, who called into the program the morning after Sarah Palin endorsed him for president. “The whites don’t get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I’ve never even thought of it from that standpoint.”
Actually, Trump and those who co-sign his nonsense should know that that white nominees at the BET Awards have included Eminem, Sam Smith, Robin Thicke, Iggy Azalea, Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber among others. Some of them have even won.
Trump also noted that perhaps the lack of black (Oscar) nominees this year has more to do with talent, rather than race.
“I mean, I’ve watched over the years where African Americans have in fact received Academy Awards and have in fact been represented,” Trump said. “And this is not one of those years, but over the years I’ve seen numerous black actors and African American actors receive awards and I think that’s great. This doesn’t happen to be one of those years. … It’s a difficult situation.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here