Speaking with TMZ, a rep for Ye shot down talk of the rapper making the album, calling rumors of the project, BS.
Chatter involving West recording a tribute album featuring covers of Bowie’s biggest hits were apparently started in a British tabloid. Once multiple reports surfaced about the album, outraged Internet users voiced their opposition to the project.
As a result, a petition was launched to put a stop to the album. To date, the petition has already collected 5,000 signatures, according to TMZ.
All rumors aside, TMZ notes that although West has a lot of love and respect for Bowie, there were never any plans for them to work together. The site goes on to reference sources who shared that West is still hard at work on his highly anticipated album, “SWISH. ”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here