Speaking with TMZ, a rep for Ye shot down talk of the rapper making the album, calling rumors of the project, BS.
Chatter involving West recording a tribute album featuring covers of Bowie’s biggest hits were apparently started in a British tabloid. Once multiple reports surfaced about the album, outraged Internet users voiced their opposition to the project.
As a result, a petition was launched to put a stop to the album. To date, the petition has already collected 5,000 signatures, according to TMZ.
All rumors aside, TMZ notes that although West has a lot of love and respect for Bowie, there were never any plans for them to work together. The site goes on to reference sources who shared that West is still hard at work on his highly anticipated album, “SWISH. ”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here