*Oprah Winfrey lost some loose change on Friday as Weight Watchers stock took a huge tumble.
CNN Money reports that shares of Weight Watchers dropped 30% on Friday after the lifestyle brand announced a quarterly loss of $11 million. Winfrey’s stake fell by $27 million on Friday as a side effect.
Winfrey signed on as the face of Weight Watchers last October when she acquired a 10% stake in the company, joined its board and became a member herself.
Its stock is currently trading almost 60% below the peak it hit in November as a result of Winfrey’s endorsement. The stock is down 50% for the year, with membership and meeting attendance slipping as well.
Winfrey is believed to have accumulated a profit of close to $30 million since joining up in October.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here