*According to Bloomberg, Puma’s partnership with Rihanna has helped the company exceed fourth quarter expectations, with earnings hitting close to $975 million. The company saw an increase in sales by 17.1% primarily from Rihanna’s “Creeper” and “Eskiva” sneakers. The pop star debuted her latest line during New York Fashion Week, Fenty by Rihanna. The collection will feature a mix of shoes and lifestyle apparel such as “an over-the-top Bomber Jacket Bag, the Fur Waistbag fit with two pockets for you and your boo and fashionable durags, caps and headwear, chokers and veiled sweatbands.”
“This collection is not only a representation of who I am and how I dress, but also pushes the boundaries of what I wanted to create with PUMA,” said PUMA Brand Ambassador and Women’s Creative Director Rihanna, “I wanted to take PUMA to a new place with something unpredictable and unexpected. It’s Japanese street culture with a haunting twist. I played with texture and silhouettes and all of the fabrics are luxurious. I reinterpreted the traditional in my way. I’m looking forward to sharing the collection with the fashion community and fans.”
Puma CEO Björn Gulden stated, “She [Rihanna] can sell sneakers and Puma is onto something here which we haven’t seen yet in the women’s area.”
Fenty by Rihanna FENTY will be available at retail beginning in September. For more information, visit puma.com or rihannanow.com.
Rachel Dolezal gives birth to a baby boy and names him after black poet Langston Hughes https://t.co/3kjJxkZ3IY
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) February 18, 2016
Meanwhile, Rachel Dolezal is making headlines once more, and this time for giving birth to a baby boy that she named after famed poet and civil rights activist Langston Hughes. The former NAACP leader shared a pic of her son and revealed his name is Langston Attickus Dolezal. Attickus may be inspired by Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird” character Atticus Finch — a white lawyer who defended a wrongfully accused black man.
Langston’s Rachel’s third child. She already has 2 older sons. The race and identity of the father of the baby is unknown … but no doubt he’s a black man.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here