A seemingly normal vehicle stop by Virginia police turned into a very weird cause for arrest as a woman was found driving with the remains of her dead son in the trunk of her car.
According to People, Tonya Slaton was indicted for murder earlier this month after authorities made the discovery after pulling her over for expired tags on her car in June 2015. As he started impounding the vehicle, the officer who pulled Slaton over detected a strong smell of rotting flesh coming from the trunk.
Upon opening the trunk, the officer discovered a heavily sealed trash bag covered by clothing. When asked what was in the bag, Slaton told the officer it was just clothes. A look inside the bag proved otherwise as the officer found the decaying remains of Slaton’s son, Quincy Jamar Davis, who was last seen 10 years ago.
In addition to being charged with second-degree murder for her son’s death, Slaton was also charged with concealment of a dead body.
A medical examiner revealed that Davis was just 14 or 15 at the time of his death. The examiner has yet to determine a cause of death for Davis, People noted, adding that Davis lived a life filled with years of abuse at the hands of his mother. During his life, Davis was a seventh grader at Virginia Beach Middle School.
In 1997, Slaton was charged for misdemeanor assault and battery. Davis was only 6-years –old during that time. Slaton got off without jail time as she ended up being released on the condition of good behavior for six months.
The 44-year-old would find herself in another legal situation when she was charged with of domestic assault and battery in 2002. Despite the charge, Slaton came away unscathed as court documents did not have details about the case against her at the time.
The mother’s violent behavior would continue over the years as she found herself going to extremes in 2008 when her then boyfriend tried to break up with her. Instead of shaking off the breakup, Slaton left her the boyfriend’s home, went to her car and opened fire on the house yelling “neither one of them were going to leave alive.”
The boyfriend managed to escape by climbing out of a window. Slaton was ultimately charged with shooting into an occupied building and attempted maiming. Although she was sentenced to 15 years in prison, Slaton served about four years of her sentence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here