*Time Magazine has unveiled its list of the 30 Most Influential People, and of course Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were named, along with Donald Trump, “Late Late Show” host James Corden, DJ Khaled, bestselling author J.K Rowling, soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, Caitlyn Jenner, Vine sensation Andrew Bachelor, Drake, plus-size model Tess Holliday and Instagram blogger Angie Nwandu, who runs the popular Shaderoom Instagram blog.
Two years ago, Nwandu started The Shade Room, an Instagram account and blog that chronicles celebs and their activities on social media: who likes whose posts, who comments on whose photos, and who starts following/unfollowing each other. TSR reaches an audience of nearly 4 million and has its own tipsters, staff and advertisers.
Time launched its first list of 30 Most Influential People on the Internet last year. Kim Kardashian made the list twice due to her massive social media presence and ability to convince the children of the Matrix that flaunting your lady-parts for all to behold is empowering. Kim’s mentally ill husband Kanye made the cut because all the world remains entertained by his epic Twitter meltdowns and delusions of grandeur.
READ RELATED STORY: Iyanla Worried Kanye Will Suffer Same Fate as Michael & Whitney
Kanye, Time reporter Nolan Feeney writes, is an “artist and entrepreneur” who “has perfected the art of the Twitter spree, sharing candid thoughts that are often just as provocative—if not more so—than his music.”
“His tweets can be controversial (see: his comments on Amber Rose and Bill Cosby) and confusing (like his revelation that he’s $53 million in debt), but many do offer constructive criticism of the fashion and music industries,” he adds. “West also used the Internet to shake up the idea of an album as we know it, treating his latest LP, The Life of Pablo, like a work in progress by refusing to sell it (it’s only available on the streaming service Tidal) and promising alterations to its “final” version.”
Black Lives Matter activists Johnetta Elzie and DeRay Mckesson also made Time’s list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here