News of Houghton and Bailon being an item surfaced when pictures of them sharing time together at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa turned up online. Various online reports that the pair have been seeing each other for some time, adding that Bailon starred in “I’m in Love with a Church Girl,” a 2013 movie Houghton produced.
In addition, the rumors have expanded beyond Houghton and Bailon dating to allege that the former Cheetah Girl was responsible for the end of Houghton’s 20-year marriage earlier this year.
Taking to Facebook, the Grammy-winning gospel vocalist addressed the rumors, confirming that he is dating Bailon. As for talk of her breaking up his marriage, below is Houghton’s social media response to the rumors:
In the midst of all that’s going on in the world… Suffering, terrorism, deciding a future for our country, and making the world safer; It is sad that I am even having to address this matter… I understand that gossip and salacious untrue speculative stories are far more interesting and entertaining than the truth & facts. But, it’s incredibly unfair to allow someone to carry the burden, blame & shame of something they had nothing to do with…
I met Adrienne Bailon a bit over 2 years ago, we worked together & became friends… Our circles connected & we remained good friends. From a friendship, as two single adults we have very recently begun to explore a dating relationship.
As I previously wrote in a statement I released a while back, My marriage had been over for quite some time before going public with my divorce announcement.
READ RELATED STORY: Fred Hammond & Israel Houghton Nominated for 46th Annual Dove Awards
Where I shared, or as some have pointed out ‘over-shared’ my failure in my marriage… From over 5 years prior. It seems to be simple math that I had not even yet met Adrienne during the time my marriage was falling apart.
It deeply saddens me that an innocent party would be dragged into this situation that I have taken personal responsibility for. Adrienne is a woman of integrity & character… Most of all she is a true friend, and she should not be blamed for my past indiscretions. I assure you – I am willing to own my wrongs and I have in the past. God knows & sees all things. I appreciate your prayers, and I join you in praying for the issues of life that truly matter today all over the world.
While Houghton is going public with his relationship with Bailon, it’s interesting that he is friends with her former fiancé, Lenny Santiago. To see Houghton’s Instagram post congratulating the former couple on their engagement, scroll below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here