*Heir Hunters International – a service specializing in genealogical research to find heirs from around the world – told the Daily Mail they’ve been flooded with calls in the days following his Prince’s death from people claiming to be either his sibling or his love child – and only two cases so far appear to have a “legitimate” connection.
The firm’s partner John Hilbert told Radar Online: “Obviously they all can’t be genuine claims, but we have established that at least two seem to be legitimate and will need further investigation. One person claims to be Prince’s child and another claims to be offspring of Prince’s father.”
Because Prince did not have a will, his reported $300 million estate is to be divided among his six siblings. But Hilbert notes, “If there is a child, if Prince had one single child, that child will take all the inheritance.”
Hilbert and his Heir Hunters International partner Shar Mansukhani spoke to Radar Online about the man claiming to be Prince’s son.
Per Radar Online:
“We received a phone call from a gentlemen who said ‘What is the procedure for me to prove my paternity to Prince as his child?'” Hilbert told Radar.
He’s one in a million! More people “than the stars in sky” have contacted the Heir partners since Prince’s death, they claimed. But this case stood out. “We have a standard protocol. We want a certified copy of your birth record and we also want a detailed description of why you think you would be related to Prince,” Hilbert explained. “It added up with where Prince was and where his mother was.”
The alleged love child is in his mid-30’s and currently lives in the Midwest. The Heir Hunters explained that the Prince’s possible son claimed that his mother and the late singer had several encounters in the 80’s.
“He values his privacy,” Hilbert told Radar of the man. “He does not want to show up on the courthouse steps unless he is certain that the procedure is set that he’ll be recognized.”
For now, he plans to stay away from the current court proceedings, but likely will come forward after more research is done, they claimed. “We’re at the beginning stages in a way,” Mansukhani told Radar. “Before we move forward we’ve got a lot more investigating to do, because we’re sticking our reputation on anyone we would bring forward. We’re just going to make sure we do everything that we can to solidify his claim.”
Although the alleged love child would have sole rights to Prince’s $300 million estate, the Heir Hunters claim that he’s not in it for the money or fame. “The way we approached everything was just completely different than what we had seen. He wasn’t looking for that 15 minutes of fame. It wasn’t a crazy story and it really started piecing together,” Hilbert said.
On a personal level, Hilbert and Mansukhani revealed that the singer’s possible son has been a pleasure to work with. “He’s very nice, not crazy. He’s somebody who’s not star-struck crazy or wants to be famous. Not at all,” Mansukhani told Radar.
While he stands to inherit millions if proven to be related to Prince, the alleged son currently has a “9 to 5 job just like everybody else,” Hilbert said.
Still, a lot is riding on whether or not this mystery man is related to the 57-year-old musician. Through more investigating and research, the Heir Hunters believe they will have an answer in 90 to 120 days.
The Carver County Sheriff’s Office recently released the call log for 7801 Audubon Road, Chanhassen City – the address of his Prince’s Paisley Park home. Documents showing calls between January 01, 2011 until his death on April 21 this year include one entry on January 26, 2015, where an unidentified woman asked for a message to be passed on to Prince regarding someone she claimed to be the star’s son.
The call record stated: “needs message delivered to Prince (Roger Nelson) regarding mutual son who is having open heart surgery. Reviewed prior CFS, spoke with complainant, informed her that we will not be conducting any kind of 3rd party messaging for her and prince rodgers nelson. Incident closed.”
The documents also revealed that a woman called just hours after Prince’s death on April 21 claiming she had a 17-year-old son with the singer and wanted him to attend the funeral. It is not known if it was the same woman who called on January 26, 2015, or if it is the mother of this man in his 30s now claiming to be his son.