*Reports out of Las Vegas say at least a hundred people have been shot and “20-plus” have died after a shooting at a country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip … as of this posting.

Police said the suspect – “a local resident” – has been neutralized as in killed. They believe he was a lone actor.

Witnesses on social media said the shooting broke out on the last night of the three-day Route 91 Harvest festival, a sold-out event attended by a reported 30 thousand people and featuring top acts such as Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean.

Aldean in fact was performing on Sunday night when the shooting began, but that he had been bundled safely off stage at the event outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in the Nevada gambling mecca.

The spokeswoman for the University Medical Center hospital said 14 of the wounded were in a critical condition. All appeared to have suffered gunshot wounds, she said.

“Confirming that one suspect is down. This is an active investigation. Again, please do not head down to the Strip at this time,” Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said on Twitter.

In fact, at the police briefing, Sheriff Joe Lombardo confirmed that over a hundred people were shot and “20-plus” were killed.

Story developing …