Producer Harvey Weinstein attends the Marchesa fashion show during New York Fashion Week: The Shows at Gallery 1, Skylight Clarkson Sq on September 13, 2017 in New York City.

Producer Harvey Weinstein attends the Marchesa fashion show during New York Fashion Week: The Shows at Gallery 1, Skylight Clarkson Sq on September 13, 2017 in New York City.

*After a bombshell exposé was published Thursday (Oct 5) accusing Harvey Weinstein of decades of sexual harassment and problematic behavior toward women, The New York Times has released the Hollywood mogul’s response in its entirety.

In a statement to the Times, Weinstein stated, “I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then. I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office — or out of it. To anyone.”

Weinstein, 65, hired attorneys and consultants leading up the publication of the Times’ expose to combat the story, including Lisa Bloom and Charles Harder, who represented Hulk Hogan in his battle against Gawker.

The Hollywood powerhouse, whose New York headquarters employed Malia Obama as an intern last summer, also quoted Jay-Z in his response to the NYT story. “I so respect all women and regret what happened,” Weinstein continued. “I hope that my actions will speak louder than words and that one day we will all be able to earn their trust and sit down together with Lisa to learn more. Jay Z wrote in 4:44 ‘I’m not the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children.’ The same is true for me.”

Actress Ashley Judd was one of several women who came forward in the Times story alleging similar accounts of sexual harassment in hotels throughout the years. Judd described a meeting at which she arrived to find Weinstein in only a bathrobe. He then asked her to watch him shower. She told the Times that it was vital women like her come forward now. “Women have been talking about Harvey amongst ourselves for a long time, and it’s simply beyond time to have the conversation publicly.”

The Times reported that Weinstein “has reached at least eight settlements with women,” citing two unnamed sources.

The article, bylined by investigative reporters Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, arrives one day after news broke that the paper, along with The New Yorker magazine, were each pursuing separate stories about the allegations against Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein and Tamron Hall attend the Marchesa fashion show during New York Fashion Week: The Shows at Gallery 1, Skylight Clarkson Sq on September 13, 2017 in New York City.

Harvey Weinstein and Tamron Hall attend the Marchesa fashion show during New York Fashion Week: The Shows at Gallery 1, Skylight Clarkson Sq on September 13, 2017 in New York City.

Weinstein initially told the reporters that he has chosen to take a leave of absence to “deal with this issue head on.”

As previously reported, Weinstein Television is producing a new daytime vehicle for former NBC News staple Tamron Hall. No word yet on how these allegations will affect the project moving forward.

In a statement after the NYT story published, Bloom said: “Harvey Weinstein and I have had many wide-ranging conversations over the last year about rumors and allegations against him. He denies many of the accusations as patently false. Nevertheless, I have explained to him that due to the power difference between a major studio head like him and most others in the industry, whatever his motives, some of his words and behaviors can be perceived as inappropriate, even intimidating.”

She added: “As a women’s rights advocate, I have been blunt with Harvey and he has listened to me. I have told him that times have changed, it is 2017, and he needs to evolve to a higher standard.”

Read Weinstein’s full statement to The New York Times below.

I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then.

I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office – or out of it. To anyone.

I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed.

I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it.

Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go. That is my commitment. My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons. Over the last year I’ve asked Lisa Bloom to tutor me and she’s put together a team of people. I’ve brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on. I so respect all women and regret what happened. I hope that my actions will speak louder than words and that one day we will all be able to earn their trust and sit down together with Lisa to learn more. Jay Z wrote in 4:44 “I’m not the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children.” The same is true for me. I want a second chance in the community but I know I’ve got work to do to earn it. I have goals that are now priorities. Trust me, this isn’t an overnight process. I’ve been trying to do this for 10 years and this is a wake-up call. I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them.

I am going to need a place to channel that anger so I’ve decided that I’m going to give the NRA my full attention. I hope Wayne LaPierre will enjoy his retirement party. I’m going to do it at the same place I had my Bar Mitzvah. I’m making a movie about our President, perhaps we can make it a joint retirement party. One year ago, I began organizing a $5 million foundation to give scholarships to women directors at USC. While this might seem coincidental, it has been in the works for a year. It will be named after my mom and I won’t disappoint her.